Pure Strength Payment Options
Pure Strength charges a flat rate for services, and is considered “out of network” physical therapy. Because of insurance rules/regulations, high deductibles and co-payments, we feel that this route allows the best quality service at an affordable and flat rate. This also allows our clients to be seen for fitness, wellness, and performance training. If you have a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA), these can be used to pay for physical therapy services.
Also, some private insurance companies allow you to get reimbursed for out-of-pocket/out of network physical therapy services. Here are the steps to submit your physical therapy reimbursement claim form to your private insurance. The amount you get reimbursed depends on your individual plan. NOTE: Pure Strength Physical Therapy and Performance Training is not a provider of Medicare-covered services for Medicare beneficiaries. We are not a provider for Workers Compensation or Medicaid.
1. Call and ask your insurance company if you are able to get reimbursed for out-of-network physical therapy services per your policy
2. If yes, ask where you can find the physical therapy reimbursement form online
3. We will give you a detailed receipt that includes the ICD- 10 codes and CPT codes
and correlated charges (*ask for this)
4. You will fill out the reimbursement form and send it in along with your detailed
receipt to your insurance company
5. Your insurance company will decide how much they are willing to reimburse and
they will send you the reimbursement to the address you supply on the form
Pure Strength Physical Therapy enforces a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments. Please call us at 651-387-8487 to notify us of any changes or cancellations as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule within that window. To cancel a Monday a ppointment, please call our office by 3:00 p.m. on Friday. If 24-hour notification is not given, you will be charged $30 for the missed appointment. If you do not show up for your appointment, then you will be charged the full amount for the visit as a “no show” charge. We value your patronage and will always do our best to accommodate your needs.